12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, via Zoom
EVENT, ACTIVITY, & FUNDRAISER UPDATES
- GooseChase Scavenger Hunt for Game Night Replacement – went well, lots of fun, very well attended. We now have access to the app for a year, so maybe we’ll do it again in the future as the weather warms.
- Spirit Wear Sale April 12-23 – probably a pandemic-inspired design. The Interact Club is also selling T-shirts at the same time, but we decided to forge ahead with the sale anyway.
- Virtual Read2Ride for Silverwood Tickets – participation happens in the month of March. 3rd-6th graders can read outside of class for 10 hours and earn a free ticket to Silverwood!
- Amazon Smile & Fred Meyer Rewards – Go to CAP website/CAM dailies to find out how to link your account to our school.
- Box Tops – download the app and follow the steps. Scan receipts.
COMMITTEES AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- 8th Grade Recognition
- High School Grad Night – plant sale starting. Letter has been distributed to businesses asking for donations. Pizza cards are selling. We’re working on restaurant fundraisers. Currently, we are planning on tentatively using the church across from CAM for the overnight, since our budget is so small. We may be able to get Superplay, but transportation will be a challenge. We are hoping to get to $2500, but it’s a really tough year to fundraise, so we’ll be happy if we even get $2000. We have 45 seniors – typically, about 80% participate, so we are projecting about 35 students attending.
- Parents of Alumni Contact List – still looking for a volunteer to take this on.
- Budget for this year is posted on the CAP Website / Monthly budget presented at meeting – Income this month came from Payback Books, Amazon, Fred Meyer, and Boxtops for Education.
- Candace A. has placed a teacher request for a science educational website subscription. We are in agreement that we will fulfill that request.
- We’ve helped fund the middle school yearbook incentives to get a little better participation, as well.
- New Website – camacademyparents.com. Check it out! Sarah G. said it is possible to do a storefront for Spirit Wear, so she and Kristina T. will coordinate that in future.
- Elections – Are you interested in filling a CAP position next year? Start thinking about it. Elections will be in May, with the new board to be announced in June.
- Suggestion – can we invite new-to-CAM families to our CAP meetings? – maybe we can post on the website? – Sarah N. can provide a blurb for Ms. Marks / Mrs. Spencer / Mr. Cowl to send an invite to new parents.
- Library – Melissa W. asked if it might be possible to open. Suzanne B. reported that the last decision we had heard was that it was not possible, because no one can be in the building Wed. due to deep cleaning, and during the other days, the room has been designated for Covid-specific purposes.
- Mrs. Whitten’s class wants to do 450 laps over many recess times, because Lewis and Clark’s journey was 3325 miles. They are hoping to invite 3rd graders to join, and they are hoping to have CAP provide some sort of a treat or incentive at completion, maybe in May. Mr. Cowl thought ice cream might be a good way to celebrate this small community achievement. This will need done a couple of times, for A days, B days, and hopefully remote kids, as well.
- Mr. Cowl reported on the last special session of the school board. The levy failed. The district is trying to figure out when to run it again. The board has several members in transition. They will not run a levy again in April, which means they will make about $3 million of cuts this year. It looks like they are still working on purchasing the building, because that could be funded with a different pot of money.
- High School will be starting March 15, which is exciting!
Find meeting notes and more information at: www.camacademyparents.com
Next Meeting: April 13, 2021, at 12 p.m. via Zoom