1pm in the Teacher’s lounge
(also transmitting meeting via zoom)
Attended: Suzanne Baker, Kristina Tavares, Melissa Winegardner, Donita Parker, Jen Ludin
- Teacher Appreciation Week May 2-6 – was well received by teachers and staff, came under budget. Big thank you to Katie Cowl!
- Surprise Treat Day- May 13 – Very successful, handed out popsicles, plenty of volunteers
- Pizza Tuesday – last pizza Tuesday May 26th, it was VERY busy but we had enough pizza for everyone
- High school graduation- Saturday, June 11- Senior photos – Suzanne will confirm with Tyler Mode re: payment for services as well as needing individual photos of each graduate.
- 8th Grade Recognition- Tuesday, June 14 – Hollie had reported that everything is coming together for the field day and the ceremony. She is trying to collect photos for the slideshow by holding a raffle. The sign-up genius looks pretty full for volunteers and supplies. Pizza Hut is set to deliver pizzas.
LIBRARY- Last day June 2nd. There is a box in the front office where students can return their books until the last day of school. Melissa has organized a packing party for the library for this Friday at 1 pm. Several people have volunteered to help.
- Kristina Tavares and Jen Ludin have agreed to coordinate Pizza Tuesday for next year.
- 8th grade Recognition-field day help – As of the meeting the sign-up genius looks pretty full.
- Open committee chairs – There are still openings for coordinators for Spirit Wear, Game Night, 8th Grade Recognition, and Teacher Appreciation. CAP is also in need of a secretary for the executive board.
- Must be cleared by the school district through the volunteer application on CAM website
- Voting for next year CAP board and committee chairs – meeting attendees voted for next year’s board and committee heads. The online voting remained open until the end of the meeting. 2 members voted online.
- Donita suggested having a list of numbers of CAP members so volunteers can be rallied quickly for last minute things. A suggestion was made to bring back the sign-up sheet now that meetings are in-person again on which members can put their email and phone number as well as events they might be interested in helping with.
- Suzanne would like her name to be first on the alumni list. The alumni list is for parents leaving CAM but still want to stay in touch to hear about fundraisers and school events.
- Amazon Smile & Fred Meyer Rewards – Go to CAP website/CAM dailies to find out how to link your account to our school.
- Box Tops – download the app and follow the steps. Scan receipts.
Treasurer’s Report – Suzanne reported we will end the school year with close to the same amount that we started the year with, about $28,000. In May CAP received $19.50 from box tops, $210.36 from Fred Meyer, and $111.61 from Amazon Smile. CAP spent $18.40 for surprise treat day, $831.43 for a teacher request, $440.89 for teacher appreciation, $146.66 on 8th grade recognition (so far).
Principal’s Report – Ryan reports field day went well. The weather was okay, there was a spotlight on students held outside as well as food, drinks, games, and various sports for the
kids to play.
There are 51 seniors graduating. There will be a senior brunch on Wednesday, senior recognition on Thursday morning, and graduation practice Thursday at noon.
Mrs. Borgess will be moving to 6th grade and so there will be interviews for the 3rd grade teacher position in the next week.
Colin Newing has died from liver cancer. Condolence cards can be brought to school and they will be passed on to his family.
August 15th is the date that CAP can start setting up the library and organizing our other items.
August 31st 1 – 2:30 is the Ice Cream Social. Teachers will be in their classrooms and ASB students will give tours of the new buildings. Ryan okayed CAP setting up a table to recruit volunteers. Melissa, Jennifer, and Kristina were interested in helping.
First day of school will be Sept. 1st.